YES, you can stop renting today and rent to own a home of your DREAMS, utilizing the lease purchase system. Rent to Own is a true win/win strategy in the field of real estate.
What is a Rent to Own Program?
Simply defined, a rent to own program is a rental agreement, combined with a purchase contract. Through a rent to own agreement, a buyer leases a property (usually for 1-3 years) and then has the right (or option) to purchase the property on or before the end of that agreement. This arrangement gives the buyer time to save enough cash, or to clean up their credit to take title to the property on or before the end of the rent to own period by qualifying for a new loan, assuming an existing loan or by working out some type of owner financing.
Benefits of the Rent to Own Program
- Very low down payment (1%-5% vs. 10% to 30%).
- No loan qualification.
- Down payment is credited to purchase price.
- Price protection.
- Profits from any appreciation.
- Time to check out the home and neighborhood.
- Time to obtain the best financing.
- No taxes to pay.
- Buys time to repair credit or develop needed down payment.
- Quick move in time (no waiting for bank approval).
- Sell the home if you don’t want to buy, for a profit.
- You can live in the home of your dreams today and buy later down the road. Never have to rent again.
- Does not have to wait for their house to sell or drop the price low to get rid of it. A buyer can move into a lease-purchase home and wait for their house to sell. Then, they can exercise their option and purchase the new home they are lease purchasing.